
A "wish" is an affirmation - believing something will come true.
When I was growing up, I wished on stars, dandelions, kitty whiskers, tips of pie, you name it I wished on it. In the fourth grade more than anything I wanted a Charlie Mccarthy Dummy. I wanted him so badly that I wrote a little poem and sang it over and over (yes I still know this song today - it was my mantra back then - I stuck that poem on every bathroom mirror (there were only two) in the house. I sang that song day in and day out - I drove my step dad CRAZY. The stars in heaven were bound to give me Charlie Mccarthy I was certain of it!! Finally my dad came to visit - I told him about Charlie Mccarthy down at Brownie's Toy Store and I sang my dad my song. And finally after months and months my wish came true!
The point is I believed with every fiber of my being that my wish would come true. I didn't know that my dad was going to buy it for me - but I wanted Charlie and I was going to save my money or sell lemonade or do whatever and when my dad came to visit - well didn't that work out nicely for me! I was in LOVE with Edgar Bergen and this HAD to happen. When you BELIEVE in something with every fiber of your being and you really believe it - it happens - you make it happen. That is the part of the power of believing. You find a way to make it happen. The thing is, when you get older - you see more of the weeds and less of the magic. More of the I can't do it because of ... instead of "I believe" "I think I can"...
I think it's about perspective - I think we make a lot of our own magic. It's about finding a way not to look for stumbling blocks but to look for the possibilities. They are both there. You have to ask yourself the question "how bad do you want it" and "what are you willing to give to get it?"
Make a wish! Believe - really believe - and go for it... see what happens! What do you have to loose by Making a Wish anyway - It might bring back some happy memories, make you smile and who knows what that could lead to!
The point is I believed with every fiber of my being that my wish would come true. I didn't know that my dad was going to buy it for me - but I wanted Charlie and I was going to save my money or sell lemonade or do whatever and when my dad came to visit - well didn't that work out nicely for me! I was in LOVE with Edgar Bergen and this HAD to happen. When you BELIEVE in something with every fiber of your being and you really believe it - it happens - you make it happen. That is the part of the power of believing. You find a way to make it happen. The thing is, when you get older - you see more of the weeds and less of the magic. More of the I can't do it because of ... instead of "I believe" "I think I can"...
I think it's about perspective - I think we make a lot of our own magic. It's about finding a way not to look for stumbling blocks but to look for the possibilities. They are both there. You have to ask yourself the question "how bad do you want it" and "what are you willing to give to get it?"
Make a wish! Believe - really believe - and go for it... see what happens! What do you have to loose by Making a Wish anyway - It might bring back some happy memories, make you smile and who knows what that could lead to!
What a lovely post Kris. A good reminder for us adults who believe wishing upon a dandelion is simply spreading weed seeds. LOL. Next time I'll wish first...
ReplyDeleteLOL Lisa! I'll be wishing they don't come up weeds and they come up sunflowers.
ReplyDelete